Treatment at district hospital relying on candle light

Jajarkot, Jan 7: In what appears to be the cause of increasing load-shedding hours, the Jajarkot District Hospital is compelled to provide treatment service to patients relying on candle light.

Health workers complained that it was very tough to treat people on candle light in lack of daily regular supply of electricity.
We are not in a position to supply oxygen to the patient when needed for no power supply, said health worker Narayani Shah. “Even we are facing problem to feed medicine to the patients with candle in one hand and medicine in the other”, she added.
It has caused trouble when the health workers are not able to monitor the status of the patients in the wards having no light.
They are bearing the brunt of the power outage in providing service to the patients since the solar lamp installed in the hospital are also lying idle, shared Dr Deepak Pun.