MAKWANPUR: 8 Indian tourists perished due to asphyxiation at Panorama Resort at Thaha Municipality-4 in Makwanpur district.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) of the District Police Office in Makwanpur Yagya Prasad Bhattarai has said that the Indian tourists might have died due to suffocation caused by the gas heater in the room last evening.
“All eight were airlifted and brought to a hospital in Kathmandu. A doctor from the Indian mission was also immediately sent to the concerned hospital to check on the welfare of patients and to provide necessary assistance” said a source in the Indian Embassy.
All the victims hail from Kerela and they have been identified as Praveen Krishnan Nair, Sranya Sasi, Sreebhadra Praveen, Aarcha Praveen, Abhinav Saranya Nair, Ranjith Kumar Adatholath Punathil, Indu Lakshmi Peethambaran Ragalatha, and Vyshnav Ranjith.
Chief Minister of Kerela Pinarayi Vijayan expressed “deep grief” and condolences to the family. The Indian Embassy has assured of all possible help the case.
(Photo Courtesy: Navesh Chitrakar)