Saptari, Dec 30: Property worth around Rs 10 million was gutted by fire at Kanchanrup Municipality in Saptari district on Tuesday night.
The incident took place due to short circuit, it is learnt.
The property was gutted after four-storey house of Raj Kumar Swargakar of Kanchanrup Municipality-5 caught fire.
Similarly, the fire also destroyed electronic and cosmetic shops. All goods including food grains, clothes and cash belonging to Raj Kumar turned into ashes.
According to the Area Police Office, Kanchanpur, all goods of electronic and cosmetic shops also destroyed in the incident. Locals, police personnel and fire engine from Rajbiraj doused the fire.