Property worth about Rs 20 m destroyed in fire


JHAPA, August 17: Property worth about Rs 20 million was destroyed when an electric shop caught fire at Shivasatashidham-11 in Jhapa district Thursday evening.

An electric short circuit started a fire in Sangraula brothers’ electric shop.
Electric devices including televisions, refrigerators, and washing machines among others were destroyed in the fire, said shop owner.

According to Jhiljhile Area Police Office Inspector Kailash Rai, the fire was doused by locals and security personnel after an hour. RSS