Fire in Pokhara

POKHARA, March 26: Property worth around Rs. five million was reduced to rubble when a fire broke out at the DIP Foam Shop in New Road of Pokhara on Thursday.

According to Kedar Rajaure, Spokesperson of the District Police Office, Kaski, the reason behind the blaze was electric short circuit.

Rajaure said that the fire spread from the foam shop of Govinda Adhikari also destroyed colours of Shankar Raut’s paint shop. He further informed that three parked motorbikes were also gutted in the blaze.

Adhikari who sustained burn injuries on his hand in the incident is receiving treatment at the Padam Nursing Home in New Road.

Adhikari’s five-year-old daughter Ayusha who was trapped inside the shop was rescued by the police personnel and rushed to the hospital for treatment, police informed.

Locals, personnel from the Nepal Police, Nepal Army, Armed Police Force backed by fire engines doused the fire after an hour.