Eight gas cylinder explodes in sweet shop, guts properties worth millions

Janakpur sweet shop fire

JANAKPUR, June 20: Property worth millions of rupees was gutted in a massive fire that broke out in Govinda sweet shop (babaji ko hotel) due to gas cylinders explosion at Kadamchowk of Janakpur sub-metropolitan city-2 on Thursday morning.

According to the police, the explosions of eight gas cylinders were caused by the fire caused by the electric short circuit in the refrigerator at around 3 am. The fire has completely destroyed the sweet shop and two other neighboring shops Siyaram Mistan Bhandar and Thakur hotel.

Two fire engines from Janakpur sub-metropolitan city and one from Mahendranagar area were used to douse the fire which took two hours, according to police.

No human casualties have been reported so far.

According to the police, property worth around Rs 32 million was destroyed in the fire.