Over 7,000 quake survivors of Kavre to be removed from list of beneficiaries
BANEPA, July 25: The National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) has made preparation to delist Kavrepalanchok district’s over 7,000 beneficiaries of the housing grant provided to victims of Gorkha earthquake, citing they failed to reach a grant agreement over four years into the disaster.
The district project implementation unit (grant management and local infrastructure) took the decision to this effect.
“The NRA has set July 16 as a deadline to reach a grant agreement for the beneficiaries of the district. But they have not made it so far. They have been suspended in the first phase,” said the unit chief Sagar Acharya, adding that if they want to avail the grant, their suspension would be withdrawn on the recommendation by the respective municipality and rural municipality.
Other their names would be removed permanently from the list of beneficiaries, he said.
So far, 90,497 quake survivors of the district have been recorded, and of them, 73,365 have received the first tranche of Rs 50,000 housing grant, according to the unit. RSS