Reporters Club: Nepal Communist Party (NCP) has been heavily influenced by the ideologies and vision of Chinese President Xi Jinping. The latter who also held the position of General Secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) is admired by both the Chairs, former Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal and current Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli. They have praised him time and again for his visionary and skillful leadership.
Since both the Chairman of NPC have a shared ideologue, it is evident that the former Maoists and the previous cadres of the UML will have a certain degree of unity in the future in order to keep the single party intact without differences in opinion and ideology.
Since the party will hopefully gear up for a convention, the ideology of the CPC and its leadership especially President Xi Jinping is playing an important role, and it is for this reason that the current joint training program is being organized in the valley. 40 people from CPC and 200 from NPC are participating in the closed-door training in order to make their organization stronger with shared visions and ideas.
President Xi is said to be a firm believer of Marx, communism, and socialism. He is also said to be influenced by reformer Deng Xiaoping and his economic reform policies. These ideologies and shared thoughts have shaped the CPC and have enabled them to be successful.
The following would be a detail of President Xi’s principles that he has followed,
1. To maintain the values of socialism through the ideology of Marx, and maintaining a principle of practicing communism.
2. Importance to the people in general, to practice the belief and pattern of socialism for the betterment of the country.
3. To maintain strict discipline inside the party.
4. To oversee all the aspects of administration and development through the CPC
5. To implement people-centric policies for the general good of the people.
6. Continued transformation of the party with changing times.
7. To apply a scientific approach for development and collaboration.
8. To strengthen the rule of law and governance.
9. To continuously strengthen national security.
10. CPC to have control over the People’s Liberation Army and provide leadership.
11. Maintaining unity.
12. Establishing a peaceful environment along with fostering fraternity among Chinese people around the globe.
13. Developing a healthy lifestyle for the people of China in line with modern development.
14. To secure nature, and its resources, lay emphasis on environmental protection and energy conservation.