DAMAK: Nine houses in Dumse of Damak-5 in Jhapa were turned to ashes in a fire that broke out due to short circuit in the wee hour on Monday morning.
Property worth Rs. two million was damaged in the fire, according to the Area Police Office, Damak.
The fire reportedly began at around 1:30 am from the house of Dhana Maya Limbu and engulfed the houses of Babita Limbu, Buddhi Maya Bhujel, Khadga Bahadur Timsena, Manita Khadka, Dipendra Timsena, Guman Dwaj Subba, Jasmaya Magar and Milan Kumar Das. A motorcycle (Ba.3Pa.2765) was also damaged in the fire.
Locals and police worked together to put out the fire .