Two killed as fires erupt after LP gas leakage

Bhaktapur, Jan 17: An octogenarian died after a fire broke out from the LP gas leakage at Layakur in Madhyapur Thimi Municipality-1 last night.

Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Prabin Lal Shrestha of Metropolitan Police Circle said that Kanchha Sipai, 88, died of burn injuries.Police said that the fire broke out following the LP gas leakage in the wooden kitchen at the top of his three-storied house.

Meanwhile, Divya Devi Purbe, 35, of Jaleshwor Municipality died this morning in a hospital in Patna of India, According to her husband, Sanjay Sah, Purbe was receiving treatment in Patna after her critical health condition as most of the body parts were burnt out from a blaze that erupted from the gas leakage on December 25.