Fire claims one, two critically injured
Baitadi, Jan 27: A person died on the spot and two others were seriously injured in fire at Jayprithvi Municipality in Bajhang district Tuesday night.
The deceased has been identified as Prem Bahadur Khadka, 46, of Jayprithvi Municipality-3, according to the District Police Office.
The incident took place after Khadka’s three-storey house caught fire at 10:30 pm from cigarette butt thrown by Khadka, it is learnt.
Khadka’s wife Ujeli Khadka, 43, and daughter-in-law Gita Khadka, 24, were critically injured in the incident, said officiating chief, Devendra Kumar Malla.
Both the injured are undergoing treatment at District Health Office. Property worth around Rs 500,000 was also destroyed by fire. It was doused after two hours.