Biratnagar, Feb 1: A head constable of Police from Sijuwa-1 in Morang district died today morning being burnt in fire.
The deceased has been identified as Ramchandra Tajpuriya, 45.
Tajpuriya was rescued by his family as they noticed smoke of clods coming out of his room this morning.
The suffocated constable was rushed to the BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan, where he breathed his last while receiving treatment, according to the District Police Office, Morang.
The fire might have been broken out from a cigarette butt as police seized a lighter and a cigarette butt from the deceased room.
Tajpuriya, who was working in Ilam, had come his home for a holiday.