Chautara, March 18: A person died and four others were hurt after the high voltage power supply at Hagam VDC in Sindhupalchowk district last night.
Police said that the deceased is Somlal Tamang, 48, of Pepta village in the VDC. It is said Tamang, who got an electric shock while trying to on the switch, died on the way to hospital.
Police Sub-Inspector Darja Tamang said Somlal’s wife 44-year-old Deshmaya Tamang, Sundari Tamang, 35, Mina Tamang, 15, and Sanchalaxmi Tamang, 15, were hurt in the incident.
All the four are rushed to Dhulikhel Hospital, Kavre, for further treatment after the primary treatment in Jalbire Primary Health Centre.
Police records reveal that more than 24 people lost their lives because of high voltage power supply in the past five years in the district which is blamed for the carelessness on part of the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) officials.