KHOTANG, Jan 17: A fire in a residential house at Bajhechyandanda, Khotang has destroyed house and property worth Rs 700,000 on Monday.
The fire broke out at Mahesh Gurung’s house around 2 to 3 pm from solar wire ruined Rs 15,000 in cash, gold and other properties inside the house.
As no one was in the house at the time of arson, no harm to human caused.
According to Chiuridanda Police, the locals had helped in controlling the fire.
The Gurung family has now taken shelter at their relatives’ place.