Woman electrocuted

KATHMANDU, June 21: A woman who had gone to fetch water has been electrocuted. Tulasi Thapa Bag,26, a resident of Nawaghar in Adarsha rural municipality-7 died in the incident that took place on Saturday.

A local had connected live current to the water tank, that led Bag to be electrocuted, according to preliminary investigation by police. Suraj Kimandi,19, of the same locality who was involved in the act has been taken into custody by the Area Police Office for necessary investigation, Deputy Superintendent of Police Indra Bahadur Malla said.

Kimandi has reportedly confessed to police that electricity was supplied to the water tap, so as to stop the India-returnees from spreading Corona Virus by using the public tap. The woman was working as child development assistant in her village school. RSS