Sindhuligadhi, July 28. Statues of four fighters who had defeated the then East India Company force in the battle of Sindhuligadhi, safeguarding the integrity and the nation, have been unveiled in Sindhuli.
Chief of Army Staff Purna Chandra Thapa unveiled the statues of the historic personalities amidst a programme here today. Kaji Banshiraj Pandey, Shreeharsha Pant, hunting officer Banshi Gurung and Khajanchi (cashier) Bir Bhandra Upadhyaya had bravely fought in the Sindhuligadhi battle with the East Indian Company’s army in the month of Asoj in 1824 BS.
The statues were built by the Kamalamai Municipality in collaboration with the Nepali Army. Similarly, President Bidya Devi Bhandari inaugurate the Nepal’s first war museum established at Sindhuligadhi today itself. Following the inauguration, the Museum will be handed to the local government. The Museum features arms/weapons and documents relating the Nepal-East India Company historic war.